Holidays have passed, and we hope that you’ve enjoyed them. So, now comes up a question as old as time: how do I get back to work? Some people tend to work even during holidays, so it may seem that question doesn’t really apply to them. But even then, they do rest at some point, so our little list of tips will help. While some of them may seem too obvious to you, they really work!
- Catch up on work — after returning, read your emails, look through your backlog and To-Do list (if you have any). This will let you choose what tasks you should work on first.
- Write (or revise) a To-Do list — if you don’t already have one, make it. This way you can easily track your work and deadlines. In our days, there are lots of platforms and apps that let you do so, just choose the one most suited to you.
- Clean up your desk — even the neatest place gets cluttered from time to time and sorting through things on your workplace will get you a clean table and an organized mind.
- Organize your workload — don’t pile a lot of tasks on yourself at once, spread them so you wouldn’t be overwhelmed.
- Take breaks — the first days are usually the ones most rough. Don’t be afraid to get some rest in-between your tasks to avoid exhaustion.
- Begin with simple tasks — resolve some easier problems to return to the workflow. Once you’ve adapted, it would be time for harder tasks.
- Go through your current projects — if you have any ongoing campaigns, check if they are working as intended and have correct ads and creatives. Maybe it is time to use new promos?
If you follow these tips, it becomes much easier to survive the first days after the holidays and get back into your groove. And remember: it is okay to cut yourself some slack to avoid the burnout, just not too much.
Oh, we almost forgot about one last thing: the end of the holidays is also a prime time for your website renewal. Remove all the holiday-themed ads and creatives, and get ready to settle back into the working atmosphere.