IQ Option works with different regions, each one being a potential playground for the affiliates. However, you can’t just copy-and-paste the same strategy to every market and wonder why it doesn’t work. To target your campaigns to different geography, you need to know the nitty-gritty of the local marketing landscape.
IQOption market review in Asia
After South America, here is a review of Asian market. One of the hardest markets to penetrate but totally worthy of the effort.
In this article you find the rules, consumer behaviors, and no-goes of this unique marketplace and back it up with some stats from the IQ Option platform.
- General info about the region
- Top-performing countries
- The portrait of an average client
- Pros & cons of targeting your campaign to an Asian country
- Top countries by average deposit
- Top trading instruments
- Top payment methods
- Top sources of traffic
- Universal tips
At the end, you’ll learn how to target your campaigns to new markets, Asia-style.
Asia is not just the largest continent on the planet — it’s the fastest-growing economy and also the site of the world’s most impressive economic booms. Here is the link to confirm that. All in all, Asia is wealthy and digitally savvy, which makes it a great marketplace for affiliates.
Asia includes 49 sovereign states, but this article will only focus on those that perform best on the IQ Option platform:
Each market in Asia requires an individual approach: localized language, different UI, different content, and different benefits to point out. To set the stage, let’s take a look at the portrait of an average IQ Option client in Asia.
💫 IQOption clients are young and ambitious
The absolute majority of IQ Option users in Asia are young males aged 18-34. Women are engaged too, but on a much lesser scale, which is not the reason to exclude them from targeting: the number of female traders in 2020 has gone up by almost 20% as compared to 2017.
👉🏼 Target your campaigns for the young audience.
💫 They know English well but prefer to stick with their first language
Asia is home to 4.46 billion people speaking 2,300 languages. The most-spoken ones are Mandarin Chinese (1 billion), Hindi (550 mln), and English (300 mln). While people in certain regions mainly speak their mother tongue, most IQ Option users from Asia use English while on the platform.
👉🏼 That said, IQOption still recommends using local languages for banners and landing pages. In Asia, English is rarely used beyond the classrooms, with few exceptions: use Hindi/English for India, English for the Philippines, and English/Arabic for the UAE.
💫 They are familiar with multiple payment options
As for the payment methods, the most popular are AstroPay Card, AdvCash, Webmoney, Skrill, and Neteller. Local banks are also favored. A good number of traders pay with cryptocurrencies.
Most people in APAC deposit money in USD or national currencies, such as THB, CNY, IDR, MYR, VND, and others.
👉🏼 Find out the most popular payment options in a chosen region and use their logos in your reviews and creatives.
💫 Asians prefer Android system
84% of IQOption users trade from Android devices. The desktop version of the platform comes in second place, while iOS users are quite a minority. IQOption provides promo materials for all devices, including Desktop, Android, and iOS.
👉🏼 Don’t forget to set up your campaign for mobile in addition to desktop and make sure it’s as Android-friendly as possible.
Now, let’s see what the general advantages and pitfalls of targeting your campaigns to the Asian countries are.
Pros of Asian markets
- Around 50% of the population of Asia are active Internet users — over 2,3 billion spend time online, whether on desktop or mobile.
- There’s definite revenue there; iqoption has seen it.
- It’s a technologically advanced area, which makes it perfect for promoting online trading solutions.
- There are a lot of smaller markets where there is growth, but it’s still in its infancy. Choose markets with trending growth and consumer engagement with online investment — it will pay off handsomely.
Cons of Asian markets
One may encounter language and cultural barriers, so there is an element of education involved when trying to onboard new clients in Asia. Look for translators and focus on localizing the content.
How to customize marketing efforts on Asian markets
Today, we will share some stats from the IQ Option platform and tell you how to customize your marketing efforts based on various parameters:
- Deposit amount
- Payment methods
- Popular trading instruments
- Sources of traffic
Let’s dive right in.
Top Asian countries by average deposit
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
According to the IQ Option platform deposit statistics, the highest affiliate profits come from Hong Kong. It doesn’t mean other countries deposit less — it’s just the average income per active client in Hong Kong being higher.
Top iqoption trading instruments in Asia:
- Digital Options
- Binary Options
The traders of Asia are into short-term deals — most of them come to IQOption to trade binary and digital options.
However, note that this is the statistics for the entire APAC region — the list of preferred instruments may vary from country to country. To choose the right combo, visit iqoption recommended countries page.
Top iqoption payments methods in Asia
The rapid development of e-commerce in Asia has led to the emergence of multiple e-wallets. However, a lot of clients still trust local banks the most.
- Perfect Money
- WeChat Pay
Don’t forget to use payment methods logos in your promo materials — easy transactions are one of traders’ top priorities.
Top iqoption sources of traffic in Asia
People in Asia spend a lot of time online. Most of them use Google as their primary search engine, actively use Facebook, and spend hours on YouTube.
The major exception is China, where people use WeChat for pretty much everything and don’t have access to Facebook and some other habitual platforms (with the exception of Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan). If you want to spread your effort to China, get ready to learn the local cyberspace, which is very authentic and different from what most people are used to.
Another examples of how smaller platforms dominate the global giants are Naver – search engine in South Korea and Snapchat in the UAE, Lebanon, and Qatar.
People in different Asian countries also love messengers — both mainstream like WhatsApp and the local ones like Line and WeChat. Special Telegram groups are a big trend in India and Indonesia.
Don’t forget to consider local platforms to get the most out of your campaign.
Universal tips to promote IQoption in Asia:
- Speak the local language in your promo materials. Foreign language proficiency (including English) is rather low in most Asian countries.
- Use local faces — they are proved to work better.
- Focus on popular trading instruments. You can check their popularity for different regions in iqoption FAQ section.
- Get ready-made marketing materials in the iqoption Promo section — they’ve been test-driven and proved to be successful. If your own marketing materials produce even greater results, feel free to use them instead.
- Opt for country-specific campaigns. Use local gags, nationally-favorite topics, colors, formats, and lingo.
- Add video content whenever possible, but don’t overuse it. When you work with countries with a poor Internet connection, videos can dramatically slow down the user experience.
Please note that tips suggested in points 1 and 2 shouldn’t be applied to India — local users speak English well and consider ads depicting people of Caucasian appearance to be more credible.
Now, it’s time to dig deeper and find out specific tricks that the local audiences appreciate.
In the cards, you’ll find insights on how to monetize your traffic better, such as: languages to speak with the audience, platforms to promote on, payment methods, and tips to adjust your materials to the regional market specifics.
INDIA: LOCAL VIBES & VIDEO
Languages: Hindi, English, Bengali
Payment methods: AstroPay, Crypto, Perfect Money, Qiwi, Skrill, Visa / Mastercard, WebMoney
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, Amazon.in
India is growing at the fastest pace — not just in the region but worldwide. The fact that India has the cheapest Internet in the world will also work in your favor. Here’s how to boost your success even further:
- Produce vernacular content. People in India appreciate foreign content but are immersed in the local agenda on a much deeper level. Develop communications aimed particularly at this audience, considering their unique challenges and desires at the core.
- Invest in social media influencer campaigns. People in India tend to follow those who know trading.
- Use images depicting people of Caucasian appearance when advertising — people tend to trust them more.
- Focus on video content. Cheap Internet facilitated the rise in video content popularity; plus, if your website includes a video, it has better chances of ranking higher in Google search results.
VIETNAM: SMM & VISUAL CONTENT
Languages: Vietnamese, English
Payment methods: Asia Commercial Bank, AstroPay Card, Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam, DongA Bank, Eximbank, Neteller, Perfect Money, Sacombank, Skrill, Techcombank, Vietcombank, Vietin Bank, Visa / Mastercard, WebMoney
Platforms: Facebook, Google, WhatsApp, Zing.vn, Coccoc
- Go with social media. Businesses in Vietnam focus on social media, not on websites. Latest survey reports that local businesses were supposed to spend 85% of their total digital marketing budgets on social media advertising in 2019.
- Share video explainers. 94% of Vietnamese people have internet connection and 99% of the time, they watch online videos. 85% of local brands use videos in their promos, so don’t hesitate to paste videos from IQ Option collection.
THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: LUXURY & TRADITION
Languages: Arabic, English
Payment methods: Visa / Mastercard, AstroPay, Crypto, Perfect Money, WebMoney
Platforms: Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Wikipedia, Souq.com, Yahoo, WhatsApp
The UAE attracts people across countries, demographics, and fields of work. It features in the list of countries with the largest number of smartphone and internet users in the world, which makes it a great playground for digital marketers. However, the rules of the game are very different there.
- Luxury, not deals. Customers from the UAE are wealthy, smart, and picky. They appreciate uniqueness and value, so instead of promoting tournaments or mentioning low initial deposits, tell them about IQ Option’s awards, expertise, and reputation.
- Focus on social media. Social media is a central part of daily life in the UAE. It features the highest social media penetration (99%), and Snapchat and Insta are the leading platforms. For example, 70% of Instagrammers follow businesses, with 75% saying they take action after seeing a post.
- Respect the tradition. That applies to Muslim customs and local laws. Make sure the information you provide is clear, respectful, and non-offensive.
INDONESIA: DIVERSITY & QUICK CONTENT
Languages: Indonesian, Malay
Payment methods: AstroPay, Crypto, Perfect Money, Bank Central Asia, Bank Mandiri, Bank Negara Indonesia, Bank Rakyat Indonesia, CIMB Niaga, Neteller, Permata Bank Skrill, Visa / Mastercard, WebMoney
Platforms: YouTube, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Tribunnews.com, Detik.com, Tokopedia.com
Indonesia is one of the most important online markets in Southeast Asia — its population is vast, digitally savvy, and getting wealthier. It may have a lower internet penetration rate as compared to its neighbors, but they can’t compete with Indonesia when it comes to volume.
- Mind multiculturalism. Indonesia is 265 million people scattered over 17,500 islands, each one with varying tastes and preferences. So, marketing tactics that work in one city will not necessarily work for another.
- You need to use a different domain name for indonesia, so look at promo landing pages in Indonesian language.
- Focus on mobile traffic. Indonesia is a very mobile-centric consumer base.
- Opt for ephemeral content. Users from Indonesia love the quick format like Insta and Facebook stories.
- Mention e-wallets. This is the most common payment option, followed by local bank card transfers.
HONG KONG: TRENDS & MOBILE
Languages: Chinese, English
Payment methods: AdvCash, WeChat, Perfect Money, Visa / Mastercard, WebMoney
Platforms: Google, YouTube, Facebook, Yahoo, Appledaily.com, Baidu.com
Although Hong Kong is not a separate country but rather a region, we will focus on it because it still has its own peculiarities, and it’s easier to buy ads there. The city is growing and attracting young people from different places and with diverse lifestyles. This market is vibrant and rich in opportunities, which you can get if you figure out how it works.
- Stay trendy. This is a fast-paced digital environment, so keep an eye out for new trends and ways to reach audiences.
- Develop peer-to-peer communications. The locals tend to follow the opinion leaders, so team up with those who produce quality content and have a relevant audience.
- Focus on mobile marketing. People from Hong-Kong tend to look down at their phones a lot, so profits from mobile advertising are handsome there.
SOUTH KOREA: SMARTPHONES & NAVER
Languages: Korean, English
Payment methods: AstroPay, AdvCash, Crypto, Perfect Money, Skrill, Visa / Mastercard, WebMoney
Platforms: Naver, Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram
The beauty of the Korean market is that it is very similar to the European and American markets in terms of planning and promotion system. The locals are sophisticated users, so you need to provide legit content to get through their filters. If you succeed, the benefits will come before long — they say that if you can make it in Korea, you can make it anywhere in Asia.
- Go Naver. For Koreans, Naver = Internet. It’s #1 search engine in the region — 80% of traffic comes from there. With Naver, people can e-mail, blog, Q&A, shop, watch TV and read newspapers.
- Be active on social networks. Aside from Facebook and Instagram, try KakaoTalk and Band.
- Focus on mobile traffic. 9 in 10 adult Koreans own a smartphone.
SINGAPORE: DEALS & OFFLINE
Languages: English, Chinese, Malay, Tamil
Platforms: YouTube, Facebook, Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Live.com
Payment methods: AstroPay Card, WeChat Pay, Perfect Money, Visa / Mastercard, WebMoney
- Be careful with words. Singapore is one of the first few countries to introduce a law to fight fake news online, so people have a very low tolerance for deceptive marketing practices. Avoid words like “best” and other overpromises.
- Go offline. Users from Singapore are not an “easy like”, but it doesn’t mean your campaign isn’t likable. The point is, they always take their time to choose a brand they want to work with, especially when it comes to investing their own money. Free workshops and seminars are a great way to meet your clients.
- Showcase the deals. Singaporeans are savvy consumers, and they always keep an eye out for good deals. Promote tournaments, emphasize that the minimum deposit amount is only $10, and let people know where they can save money.
THAILAND: TRUST & CRYPTOS
Platforms: Facebook, Line, YouTube, Google, Pantip
Languages: Thai, English
Payment methods: AstroPay, Bangkok Bank, Bank of Ayudhya, Government Savings Bank, Kasikorn Bank, Krung Thai Bank, Siam Commercial Bank, Crypto, Perfect Money, Qiwi, Skrill, Visa / Mastercard, WebMoney
The World Bank called Thailand “one of the great development success stories”, and rapid digitalization powered by the “Thailand 4.0” program led to a huge growth in online customers. This is what you can do to maximize your efforts in this market.
Create culturally-relevant content. Thai people find advertising and sales messages untrustworthy, so you need to establish a relationship with the target audience first. Team up with local social media influencers and use promo materials in Thai language.
- Use Line. It’s the biggest messenger in the region.
- Emphasize local banks. Thai people use all sorts of online payments, with local banks being a trustworthy option. Use the banks’ logos in your reviews and creatives to improve your conversion rates.
- Promote cryptos. Thailand is #2 in the global ranking in ownership of cryptocurrency.
MALAYSIA: BILINGUAL CONTENT & EDUCATION
Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Yahoo
Languages: Malay, English
Payment methods: AstroPay, Crypto, Perfect Money, Qiwi, Skrill, Visa / Mastercard, WebMoney
The good news is investment, cryptocurrencies, and all-things-money-making is a super popular niche for affiliates in this region.
- Speak English or Malay. English is an active second language there, and most people actually speak it.
- Add educational content. The best ways to generate traffic in Malaysia are reviews, blog posts, and free courses. Video explainers from IQ Option collection will work great, too.
Now, you are entirely ready to discover new affiliate opportunities in Asia.